Pre-K 3 Curriculum
Welcome to St. Mary of the Annunciation Preschool! The main goal of our preschool is to provide an enjoyable and exciting learning environment for children. During the course of the year, you will see your child grow physically as well as spiritually, emotionally, socially, and academically. Through all our activities, we strive to enhance each child's self-confidence and self-esteem.
Each day at the St. Mary of the Annunciation Preschool three-year old program, your child will have the opportunity to enjoy activities that will encourage independence and social skills in a nurturing, creative environment. Our day includes free choice, circle time, and projects that tie in directly with our theme of the day.
Sample Themes of the Day
- fall sights and smells
- sharing and kindness
- animals that come from eggs
- jungle animals
- under the sea
- around the world Wednesdays
We will also have special days such as show and tell, pajama day, teddy bear day, beach day, and of course holiday celebrations!
Typical Daily Schedule
- Free choice—During this time your child will be able to explore the classroom, investigate at our science center, work on their math skills, paint at the easel, play “let’s pretend” in the dramatic play area, read in the book area, or work at our writing center.
- Cleanup time
- Circle time—This includes doing our daily “jobs,” such as the flag, calendar, and weather. We also work on counting, graphing, and finger plays. We finish up with a story and discussion time.
- Bathroom break
- Song and snack time
- Quiet book time (while waiting for everyone to finish snack)
- Outdoors play (weather permitting)
- Music and movement (in the school gymnasium)
Preschool progress reports are sent home via backpacks in January and mailed home in June.